Mending Word!

Assalamu Alaikum dear reader friends! This is my humble attempt of modifying Robert Frost's "MENDING WALL" into a technified version... Hope y'all would enjoy reading the post...
Here it goes.. Have fun!!

"MENDING WORD"
Something there is that doesn't love a word,
That makes a Gboard to glide-autocorrect-delete,
And spins the meanings with no reason;
And mends the word “two”, as “twist”.
The work of emojis is another thing:
I have mistook the “happy” one for “despair”
Which I had forwarded to one friend after the other,
But they seem to get the idea easily
Of how to “hate” or “please” with this Omgrofl stuff! The words I mean,
No one has learnt them or heard of them in high school,
But at the chatrooms, statuses, or Instagram pavilions, we find them there.
I sought my friend beyond the screen;
And on a day we login to find the cure
And set right the dictionary at least between us.
We keep fluctuating words as we go.
To each the blunders that have fallen to each.
And some are verbs and some so weary nouns.
We have to use a spell to make them balance:
“Stay as you are until the sentence is tuned!”
We wear our thumbs rough with typing them.
Oh, just another kind of online game,
One on a side. It comes to little more:
There where it is we do not need the word:
He types 'atonement’ and I am here with 'astonishment’.
My system will never get gross
And eat up all the fonts under his settings, I tell him
He only says, “Good firewalls make good friends.”
Surfing is the mischief in me, and I wonder
if I could put a notion in his head:
“Why do they make good apps? Isn't it where there are cookies? But here there are no cookies.
Before I built a firewall I'd ask to know
What I was wording in or wording out,
And to whom I was like to give offence.
Something there is that doesn't love a word,
That wants it down.” I could say 'Virus’ to him,
But it's not virus exactly, and I'd rather
He said it for himself. I see him there
Scanning a typo absorbed so keenly on the screen,
In each click, like an old-punk drugged and alarmed.
He moves in the network as it seems to me,
Not of codes only and the shade of files.
He will not go beyond the Gonzo saying,
And he likes having browsed of it so well
He says again, “Good firewalls make good friends.”
--by Rasheeda Madani

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frank.. Frankie... Frankenstein..!

Hacking "Sense and Creativity"!

Unraveling Mahatria Ra